How long does hair transplant last? of course, it is normal for people who have lost their hair for various reasons and whose ideas for hair transplantation are gradually emerging, to ask some questions. For example, how long does hair transplant last? What if the hair will fall out after transplantation?
How long does hair transplant last?
How long does hair transplant last process is determined by examining the hair structure of the people who want to transplant hair first. In addition, the causes of hair loss are analyzed in detail. In addition, other factors such as the forehead line, hair structure, and the condition of the hair follicles are carefully evaluated.
In the end, the estimated time comes considering the size of the area to be transplanted and the number of hair follicles to be transplanted. If the hairless area of the person to be transplanted is not very large, hair transplantation can be completed in just one session.
However, if the hairless area is large and the area to be taken is not very effective, the number of sessions may be up to 3 sessions.
Read about Is hair transplant permanent?
How long does hair transplant last in terms of the number of days?
The average number of hair transplant days is three days, and the answer to the question “how long does hair transplant last?” varies according to the experience of the center and the technique used by the doctor based on the patient’s health condition.
As for the patient’s recovery period, it varies according to the different health status and the number of follicles that the doctor implanted in the targeted area, and we will start healing the donor area from which the doctor took the follicles, as the recovery period for this area ranges from five days to a whole week.
The patient must take into account the doctor’s instructions to apply a specific ointment or cream during the first days of the end of the operation, and it is worth noting that the donor area is recovering quickly.
With regard to the crust that appears after the end of the process, it is supposed to disappear within a period of time ranging from one week to ten days, and the transplanted follicles will begin to dormant for a period of three or four months, and then some fine hairs will begin to appear.
The patient will be able to obtain the full result of the hair transplantation process after a full year, and thus the patient will be able to practice his activities and use the hair care products prescribed by the doctors of the Infinity Hair Center, in order to be referred without exposing the patient’s hair to some complications and negative effects.
Read about hair transplant growth stages.
Hair transplant contraindications
There are some diseases that prevent hair transplantation, which the doctor confirms through the patient undergoing some tests, and these diseases are:
- Acquired immunodeficiency virus.
- All types of heart disease.
- The patient suffers from severe anemia.
- Class III and Class II diabetes mellitus.
- Hepatitis virus epidemic category.
- Thyroid diseases from inactivity or hyperactivity, and so on.
- Infection of the individual with high or low blood.
The patient must pay attention to the instructions provided by the doctor before performing the hair transplantation process so that the process ends with success, and we will refer to these instructions as follows:
- The patient is supposed to inform his specialist doctor if there is any health problem.
- The patient must refrain from smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages one day before the operation as a minimum, as smoking causes a decrease in the blood flow to the scalp, while alcoholic beverages weaken the effect of the anesthetic that the patient will take before the operation.
- The patient should stop taking any blood-thinning medications at least three days before the procedure, such as aspirin.
- The patient is supposed to eat a light and healthy meal the morning of the operation.
- Doctors recommend that the patient wear a button-down shirt or somewhat loose clothing, in order to refer without touching the transplanted follicles after the operation.
- Doctors recommend resting and showering before the procedure.
Post hair transplant instructions
The success of the hair transplantation process depends on the accuracy of the operation and the implantation of the follicles, and on the patient’s following some instructions after the end of the operation:
- The patient should abstain from consuming alcoholic beverages for a period of fourteen days from the date of the end of the operation.
- It is assumed that the patient should not take any kind of medication until after referring to the specialist doctor, due to the conflict of some drug combinations with hair transplantation in general.
- The patient should stop smoking of all kinds during the first period after the operation, because smoking reduces blood flow to the patient’s scalp.
- The patient refrains from swimming and sauna, in addition to the long bath and direct sunlight within three weeks after the end of the hair transplantation process.
- The patient should not engage in any kind of strenuous exercise or even sexual activity for a period of up to ten days.
- The patient is supposed to lie on his back with his head slightly raised, to refer without the appearance of swelling in the three days after the end of the operation.
- The patient must follow his scalp as he massages it, which contributes to blood flow to the transplanted follicles, which helps to speed up the growth of these follicles.
- It is preferable for the patient to put ice packs on the forehead every one hundred and twenty minutes during the first two days after the end of the operation, in order to prevent any unwanted swelling from occurring.
How does the number of sessions change?
The number of sessions in a hair transplant procedure is directly related to the hair characteristics of a person. If the person’s hair is strong, the hair strands are strong and frequent, the number of sessions can be specified as 1; However, if a person’s hair is very thin, weak and sparse, the number of sessions can be increased. Here, the opinion and experience of the specialist doctor are also of great importance.
Read about hair transplant side effects long-term.
How many hours per session in hair transplant?
In hair transplantation, one session takes about 6 to 9 hours. In other words, getting the grafts taken from the person’s neck and implanting these grafts in the balding area corresponds to a period of 6 to 9 hours in one session. If there is a one-session hair transplant, the transplantation process ends within a maximum of 9 hours. But if the number of sessions is set to 2 or 3, the total duration will be extended accordingly.
On the other hand, the times mentioned above are more suitable for FUE hair transplant, which is known as the most recommended and required hair transplant technique. About 3000 – 4000 hair follicles are transplanted in one session using the FUE technique.
Does hair loss recur after hair transplantation?
One of the most curious topics for those who intend to transplant hair is whether the hair will fall out again after a certain period of hair transplantation. And experts in this regard say very clearly: new hair transplants do not fall out. The only exception here is temporary trauma and spillage.
Shock loss is a one-time hair loss that occurs approximately 1 to 3 months after hair transplantation. This period varies from person to person. However, after hair loss, the transplanted hair does not fall out again, there is no such danger.